|Heritage Group (Pvt) Ltd., was established in 1994 by a group of tea experts and
highly enthusiastic professionals with wide experience in tea, both in Sri Lanka and
overseas. The company's policy was to service quality conscious and discerning
In 2002, The Heritage Group was selected to facilitate a joint
venture with Mitsui & Co., Japan. This was a great privilege and also geared the
company to provide our customers a quality of tea which is second to none, by way of
acquiring advanced cleaning, blending and processing machinery.
Since its inception, the company has grown significantly and is considered one of the
leading exporters of finest quality Pure Ceylon Teas with exports to over 25 countries
- 1994: Heritage Teas (Pvt) Ltd., commenced tea exports.
- 1996: Built a warehousing complex with a capacity to store 1 million Kg of tea.
- 1997: Heritage Trading Company (Pvt) Ltd., commenced operations.
- 1998: Commenced tea bagging operations.
- 1999: Built a facility to accommodate the packing of loose leaf tea packets.
- 2000: Heritage Teas Premium Services (Pvt) Ltd., was established.
- 2000 - 01: Awarded joint venture project with Mitsui & Co., Japan and built a state
of the art tea cleaning, blending and processing plant.
- 2001: Awarded NASAA (National Association for Sustainable Agriculture – Australia)
- 2002: Awarded ISO 9001:2000 Certification.
- 2004: Awarded HACCP Certification.